Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Checking out Burning Life, after the Party's over

I never thought that a virtual party would require clean up, just a few clicks of "delete" and all of a sudden you have a new canvas to play on. But when I visited Burning Life after the festivities, there were plenty of people still milling around. They were playing with the attractions still up and driving cars through the empty streets.

Some of the attractions were still up and in use including the bubbles in the space pod and the serpentine fire exhibit. The bubbles were fun to sit on and bounce around inside the spaceship, just a cool part of burning life that people were able to enjoy after the fire had gone away. Also it was interesting to watch how the colors overlapped just as the would in real life.


Given the option, I would love to ride on bubbles and just spin around into other people and flip upside down. I also enjoyed creating my own music and streams of images in one of the other Burning Life exhibits. One thing I noticed a difference in going after the actual party is that there was absolutely no lag! I could interact with every exhibit and had no trouble with lag. I will admit that I tried it while I was on a wireless network and that did not go well but tied up with an ethernet cord, there were no problems.


Overall it was weird to think that in a Virtual World people still have to clean up after parties! There are still exhibits on the ground and people can still find a way to have fun with the area that they have. If Linden Labs have already charged people for the land, why not enjoy it as much as possible?

2 comments:

  1. One of the nicest things about BL is that the land is free to use. Builders have a "land rush" to get plots, with the agreement that they clean up after the festival ends.

    I plan to work with some builders next year on a camp. See you for BL 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Burning Life always capitalized or not because I just want to know for future reference.. oh and you need a better hook to draw readers in to want to read your blog. Also watch some spelling error and reread your post before you post. I myself is a big offender of this, so I don't want to see it happen to others. I do like the ending of your blog leaving the audience with something to ponder. I am glad that you finally got to Burning Life though=)

    ReplyDelete